Sunday, March 26, 2006

Freedom of Speech

I really like the way Southpark pulls no punches when it comes to making fun of anything and everything, and I think this article does a good job of saying what's at stake in the current controversy (especially the last few paragraphs):

Hey Chef, these guys are killing free speech

ps. I just now noticed, after putting up this link and posting this entry, that the article is by Andrew Sullivan. No wonder it's so darn good. He's probably the most persuasive author I know of. An article he wrote for Time a few years ago had me thinking for a few minutes that maybe the Iraq war wasn't such a bad idea (I hear he's since turned critical the war). He strikes me as an amazingly good balance between conservative sense and liberal openness, someone who really tries to look at both sides and think about them objectively.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home