Saturday, September 10, 2005

A place for miscellaneous thoughts (and some quotes reflecting company culture)

I wanted to separate my blog into events and thoughts. My Mountain View blog will be one for a series of events, organized by chronology and location. I may make another about some other contiguous bit of time (maybe about Burning Man, but I doubt I'll post much of that publicly). This will be just for my thoughts about life and the world.

My random thought for the moment was spurred by a few quotes I came across:

I have 100 billion dollars... You realize I could spend 3 million dollars a day, every day, for the next 100 years? And that's if I don't make another dime. Tell you what-I'll buy your right arm for a million dollars. I give you a million bucks, and I get to sever your arm right here.
--Bill Gates

You see, antiquated ideas of kindness and generosity are simply bugs that must be programmed out of our world. And these cold, unfeeling machines will show us the way.
--Bill Gates

Obviously everyone wants to be successful, but I want to be looked back on as being very innovative, very trusted and ethical and ultimately making a big difference in the world.
--Sergey Brin

(all from http://www.brainyquote.com/)

Now, maybe Mr. Bill isn't serious, and these are probably extremes, but... does anybody wonder why we're rooting for Google? And why I'm so in love with the company? And why Sergey is my hero?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home